He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

13 May 2010

Go FiSH

{DaY 10}
I have been wanting to make this ever since I saw it. I took the basic steps from "From An Igloo" but reworked a couple things to make it easier {which means a more enjoyable} project.


WhAt yOu'lL NEeD
6 Pieces of Fabric {big enough to cut out two sides of each fish}
6 Washers {I think I used 3/8}
Batting or Pillow Stuffing {I used the stuffing from an old pillow from Savers}
Needle & Thread
12 small or medium buttons
1/2"x48" Dowel
Yarn or Sturdy String
Magnets
Drill & Small Bit

FiSH
1. Draw out fish shape onto freezer paper or directly onto the fabric remembering to leave 1/4-1/2 for the seam
- If you draw your fish out on fabric, just cut them out and move on
- If you use freezer paper cut out image from freezer paper and, using a warm dry iron, iron it on to the right side of a piece of fabric. Cut out around the image and repeat, remove the paper and re-iron onto and cut 5 more to make "side A". For the remaining 6 pieces, iron the fish on to the wrong side of the fabric and cut out for "side B".
2. Match up sides A & B leaving the right side of the fabrics facing out.
3. Starting at the belly of the fish, zig-zag stitch around the edges and leave 2-3" open to stuff the fish {you will not be turning this inside out, the stitches are on the outside for a ragged look}
4. Stuff your fish
5. Hand stitch the bellies shut
6. Sew buttons on either side of the fish for the eyes
7. Stitch the washers onto the mouth end of the fishies

PoLe
1. Cut the dowel in half {I wanted two poles for one set of fish so a friend can play too}
2. Drill a small hole about 1/2" from the end of each pole
3. Thread a piece of yarn through the hole and tie it off {for added security I hot glued the ends of the yarn to the pole}
4. I wasn't able to drill through the magnet so I hot glued the end of the yarn to the magnet, wrapped the yarn around it a few times and glued it again

{EnJoY!!}





1 comment:

  1. I love your hanging fish. I just like the look of them hanging there, all so colorful. I want to make some to decorate my sewing room. I may hang them like you did, on a pole, or perhaps as a mobile. Clever way to use up some scraps too and, when I have kids visiting, they have something different to play with. Thanks for your idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails