He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

27 December 2010

{Homemade Marshmallows}

Why, you wonder, would I make my own marshmallows? Easy. Because I can!
Okay, for real, I like to know what's in the food I eat and wondered how hard it was. The reality is, for as often as I eat marshmallows, it wasn't hard. The process was quick and easy but kind of messy.
My conclusions, I'll gladly buy a bag in a pinch but, if I have enough time to plan ahead, I'll probably make my own.
** I'm so sorry... I failed to mention the recipe I used... Alton Brown lent the world this one.

And these go really well with Martha Stewart's hot chocolate mix
I read the back of the Swiss Miss container the other night and was a little irked by the fact that the second ingredient listed on the package was corn syrup and cocoa was fourth along the list followed shortly after by "artificial flavoring". Odd.
So we said goodbye to our old standby, bought a few air-tight glass containers from the dollar store and are now enjoying the rich tasting cocoa we get with just three ingredients... sugar, cocoa and a pinch of salt. Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails