He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

18 August 2010

{Mandarin Chicken}


  Yes, there is sugar in this. Yes, it's worth it. I promise. 
I wouldn't share it otherwise. Enjoy.

What You'll Need: 
2/3 c sugar
1/4 c soy sauce
1 T lemon juice
1 t vegetable {I used olive oil}
1 t minced fresh garlic {I used 1/2 t dried}
1/2 t  minced fresh ginger {I used 1/4 t dried}
6 skinless chicken thighs {I used 4 boneless skinless breasts}
1/4 c water
4 t arrowroot {I used flour}

Mix sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic and ginger in a small saucepan. In a small bowl, mix water and arrowroot together and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil then set to simmer for 5 mins or until sauce thickens and turn off.
Meanwhile, grill chicken with just a little oil to keep it from sticking. Cut up cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces.
I served mine with cooked rice and drizzled the sauce over top. 

Muy Delicioso. Or should I say 好极了? {I hope that's what that says}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails