He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

10 August 2010

{Homemade Chocolate Wafer Cookies}

I cannot tell you how excited I was to find this recipe! I LOVE ... {he hem, the cookies that begin with "o"}. I used to be able to find them on sale, 2 for $5 {now I can't find them for less than $3!}. So, needless-to-say, I jumped at the chance to make these. The result... not too shabby. Maybe not the exact replica of those amazing cream-filled, chocolate wafer cookies that I crave at very regular intervals but they definitely do the job!


Mix one package of fudge cake mix; 3 T shortening, melted; 1/2 flour; 1 egg; 3 T water {added  1T at a time, mix in between} until dough forms and chill, covered, in a bowl for 2 hours.

Set oven to 350. Roll cold dough super thin and cut out 1 1/2" wafers and bake for 10 mins. Let cool completely.


While cooling, mix 3 3/4 powdered sugar; 1/2 T granulated sugar; 1/2 4 vanilla extract; 1/2 shortening; 2 T hot water with an electric mixer until grainy and make 1/2" balls with your hands and squish between two wafers. 

 CJ certainly seemed to agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails