He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

28 September 2010

My Tibute to Papi {Gulp!}

We did it. 
We just signed on dozens of dotted lines and today we are "proud" owners of a mini-van!
Ahhh!
Even before we were married, Hubs and I agreed that we weren't "mini-van people" and just "make do" with SUVs.
Boy, were we wrong.
Our wonderful green monster, aptly named "Papi", has been good to us {a.k.a. Honda Pilot}. He has taken us from South Carolina to Maine to Pennsylvania and many places in between with ease and comfort. He was our first big purchase as a married couple and has served as a travel mate for Hubs, myself, CJ, Miss Mak, Chesser and Mia. He has never given us a problem. Never broken down. Never malfunctioned. Not so much as a light has burned out on him. He was/is the best car a family could ask for. So why are we handing him over to the Honda dealership today? Because we someday plan to be a bigger family. Sweet Papi just can't contain rambunctious little ones the way a spacious mini-van can. So it is with great sadness that I publicly bid "adieu" to my favorite vehicle and enter a necessary {so we're told} season of our lives. I can tell you that I already look forward to a small and sporty SUV once our kids grow up and move out.

There is a season for everything!

4 comments:

  1. You guys are so funny. Anthony use to make fun of me for wanting a mini van and look at him now.....haha. I think there is a time in every parents life when they need to get a mini van ;) but seriously hope you enjoy her and it's just has good as the Pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love our minivan, just watch the swaggerwagon on youtube, and you'll feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to tell you to watch the swaggerwagon vid too! It makes me laugh everytime! As I've told you I'm not a fan of minivans either, but it does make things easier. I cried and threw a fit (for about a week) when we got ours. You'll eventually get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easier, that's for sure. I just feel as if I have been slapped in the face with the reality of my life as a mother and it's a little jarring at the moment. I will survive.

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails