He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

15 September 2010

Chopping Onions {Kitchen Tip}

I love the flavor of onions in a dish.
Unfortunately, onions make me cry.
I like to be done with them as quickly as possible. 
Here's how I do it.

Cut off the bulb {papery end}end of the onion.
Put the onion on the flat end you just cut off and cut the onion in half.
Peel.
Lay one half down on its large flat surface and, being sure not to cut through the root end of the onion} make slices that radiate out from the center like so...
From the top, slice across the onion and you will have great little pieces of onion for sauteing, stews, soups, etc.


For more information: One of my favorite chefs, Alton Brown, did a special on cutting, slicing, chopping, etc. This only has a short "blip" on cutting onions but there are other interesting cutting tips in here if you have 5 minutes to spare. 
  
Oh! And before I go... I bought these beautiful fabrics at JoAnn's the other day. 
 
 Any guesses as to what they'll be used for? You'll just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails