He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

02 September 2010

{Chocolate Zucchini Bread}


During my blog-browsing the other day I skimmed over a recipe for chocolate zucchini bread. Of course I didn't save it and when I went back to look for it I came out empty handed? recipied?? 
Anyway, good ol' FoodNetwork.com heard my cry and Paula Deen came to my rescue with her Chocolate-Chip-Zucchini-Bread and in case you don't feel like browsing all over the web... here's the recipe.FYI: This takes 50 minutes to bake so be sure you have plenty of time. {Or maybe it's just me who waits till the last minute.}
What You'll Need: 
3 C all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 eggs 
2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchin
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 tablespoon orange zest {I skipped theis}
Whipped cream, for serving 
Zucchini ribbons, for serving

How To Do It:
Preheat oven at 350 degrees F. Grease (2) 9 by 5-inch loaf pans.
Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest. Stir in sifted ingredients. Pour into prepared loaf pans.
Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove loaves from pans and cool. Chill before slicing. Serve with whipped cream and ribbons of zucchini.

How does it taste? 


I wouldn't share it with you otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails