He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

20 May 2012

Amazing Fruit Salsa


I had this fruit salsa recipe for the first time about a year ago and loved it from the first bite.
My mother-in-law, the baker, brought up some up with her and I believe the recipe came to her from a woman in her home church in SouthWestern PA. 
It's pretty basic in it's ingredients and the results are, as I said, AMAZING! 

2 kiwi, peeled and diced
2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cored and diced
1 lb strawberries, diced
1 8 oz can pineapple chunks, undrained and cut into smaller pieces {or 1 c fresh pineapple}
3 Tbsp peach preserves
2 Tbsp white sugar {next time I make this I'm skipping the sugar to see how it goes}
1 Tbsp brown sugar {same here}
 
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 15 min.

C'est fini!  

This stuff is great with yogurt, granola, cinnamon chips, as fruit pizza, all on it's own...
MMM... SO GOOD! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails