He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

22 March 2011

{Peanut Butter Granola Bars}

I attend Community Bible Study on Wednesday mornings and we have brunches every so often. A lovely lady from our group made these and I was hooked. They're delicious and you get to control each and every ingredient that goes into it! Two of my favorite things! Be warned, this recipe makes A LOT! I'd seriously consider halving it unless you have a small army to feed. 
{Peanut Butter Granola Bars}

What You'll Need:
5 c quick cooking oats
4 1/2 crispy rice cereal
1 c flaked coconut
1 pkg graham crackers, crushed {I used my food processor for this}
3/4 c butter
1/4 vegetable oil {you can sub coconut oil too}
1/4 c honey
1/4 c peanut butter
2-10oz pkg mini marshmallows
2 c semi sweet chocolate chips

What To Do:
Combine oats, cereal, coconut & graham crackers.
Melt butter in a pan... add the oil, honey, peanut butter and marshmallows. Stir on low heat until marshmallows are melted.
Pour over dry ingredients and mix well. {DON'T TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THIS STEP! I did. My chocolate didn't incorporate well and I ended up with lots of crumbles in the end. Whoops!}
Stir in chocolate chips.
Press into large cookie sheets {I did this with a rolling pin and waxed paper} and then cut into bars.
See how it didn't spread well in my cookie sheets? I think it's because I let it cool too long. 
Don't worry, though, they didn't go to waste!
 SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails