He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

18 November 2010

Rag Wreath

If you have several hours of sitting with nothing to do and need to cover up a spot on your sad, empty wall... then THIS, my friend, is the project for you!
You can go out about buy several yards of fabric OR you can use my uber cheap method and shred up an old sheet set. {Okay, admittedly, I did both. The crisp white was an old sheet set that made my itchy and the cream and tan were one yard of fabric each.}I  went out and bought three wire wreath frames {about $2.50 each but I'm sure you can find them cheaper} and two yards of fabric. One frame was 18", two were 12". As I mentioned, I also had a queen sized flat sheet and two pillowcases.
I snipped the fabric, on the salvage edge, every inch and tore it into long strips. I cut those long strips into short strips that varied between 6 and 8 inches. Then... sigh... I sat down on the living room floor for several hours watching movies and hanging out with the kiddos and tied hundreds, maybe thousands, of knots around the frame. 
 After a while... okay, a loooong while I ended up with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails