He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

13 December 2013

It's Not About Us: Step 2

More sit downs.
More time on the phone.
Sometimes the long version.
Sometimes the short.
Always good.
Always well accepted.
More excitement!
They're getting it!
They're seeing the need and supporting a solution.
The Mr. and I sit down and talk it out.
We have fears... uncertainties... We've never been down this road before.
We decide that just because it seems hard and that it may be uncomfortable doesn't mean we shouldn't press on.
I ask myself "Why has He given this to me? "
He knows why and I know Him so one foot slips into place in front of the other.
My hands are shaky, my shortcomings are countless, my voice may not carry, it may not be the success I envision but He says "Go." and so I go.
They've begun to ask questions. Often the same ones.
They're looking in my direction for answers and I look behind me to see the one they're asking to. There's no one there.
This is strange. It can't be right. I've never led like this.
My help comes from the Lord and already He is answering the requests that I didn't know to pray.
Like an expectant mother, a position with which I am well acquainted, I wait.
I known the parts are forming and multiplying beneath the surface.
Details I will never know of begin to fall into place.
This...
This is going to be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails