He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

10 December 2013

It's Not About Us: Step 1

Years have passed.
I have been brushing away the nuisance of the action I have felt called to.
"It's too big, God."
"I'm a woman."
"They'll never come."
"They've said no to my requests before."
Granted, previous attempts were feeble.
My faith was small.
Really, who cares about my ideas anyway?
How can I expect them to be on board when I don't even know if this is from God?
If an idea is good does it make it Godly?
This isn't like choosing to paint my kitchen orange or put the Christmas tree in the opposite corner this year...
This is going before hundreds, maybe thousands, with opinions, judgments, wealth, education, pride.
I am asking them to lay all that aside and unite with the unknown.
This is asking a lot.
So I called upon some friends.
Some rather conveniently positioned friends with convenient titles and contacts.
Friends with whom I have particularly long histories dating back to tree forts and best friend charms.
The reception was warm and igniting.
There is an easy understanding of the difficult task ahead. The voices in my head tell me that the picture must be perfect... the answers must be certain and specific... the terms must be agreeable...
How?!
Frustration swells.
I am not selling magazine subscriptions here!
I am suggesting linking arm and arm with others...
Storming the very gates of hell before they take up permanent residence here.
Holding tight to the promise that "If [we, HIS] people, who are called by [HIS] name will humble [ourselves]... pray...turn from [our] wicked ways... seek [HIS] face... then [HE] will hear from heaven...forgive [our] sin... heal [our] land." 2 Chron 7:14.
That's right.
We should go to the heart of the problem and inject a bit of Jesus.
If the rocks will cry out, so will the brick and morter, the pavement and steel.
But it all begins with going back to where we first went wrong...
Can we do that?
Somewhere along the way we stumbled and found comfort down with the gravel.
Somewhere along the way we decided that our comfort was more important than honoring the Creator.
What, but God, will motivated the hearts of men to stand again, hand-in-hand, put our pride to death, and call upon the name of the Lord in one voice, then patiently wait for His reply.
Will they come?
Will they join in?

I guess we're about to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails