He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

27 February 2013

To Grandmother's House We Went...

There are very few places on this planet that I can truly rest.
And by "very few" I mean ONE.
It's found in the hills of Western Pennsylvania at the home of Ma-and-Pa-in-Law.
There isn't much to do around those parts.
The closest anything is just shy of half an hour's drive.
You'll find sweet, small town friends who always have time for you.
The pace is slow and the conversation is never rushed.
 It's where I find rest.
 Ma and Pa love the kids and set aside everything just to be with them.

 This is the place I go to in order to read my one book a year.
This is the place I go to sleep in...
and where I don't have to answer the question "what's for dinner?".

It's where I can reconnect with Hubs. 
It's where I go to find space from my kids...
and have the opportunity to remember why I like them so darn much.
 This is where my Sweet Hubs goes to reconnect with old friends.
 This is where my kids go to play.
 Anything they say goes around here.
 This is where our family finds rest.

 It's a safe place where we know we're always welcome.
Thank heaven for places like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails