He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

08 February 2013

and so it begins...


I'm told there's a big snow storm headed our way today and tomorrow.
Reports like that are always hit or miss around here.
Often times when we're told this will be the storm of the century it ends up being a mere dusting due to a last minute shift or what-have-you...
We're told this one is gonna be a whopper so we've prepared...
the cars are gassed up.
the generator is on standby.
the oil tank is full.
the shovels are at the ready.
the wash is being finished up.
and the kids and I have locked ourselves up for the day.
Miss Mak has been banished to the kitchen for the day (with plenty of toys, coloring books, and eventually my Kindle) because it seems to me she has decided she is not going to potty train. Our house is mostly carpets, I'm finding myself getting upset with her every time I have to change her, and quite frankly, enough is enough. (This may be an exercise in futility but I feel I must try something at this point).

After a week of craziness, rushing out the door early in the morning and not returning until after two, the house has paid a hefty price. The dust is thick enough to write in.

The clean laundry, about 6 loads worth, is piled high and waiting to be folded.
The clutter has taken over and I'm beginning to suffocate.
So today is the day I get crazy and start to clean like it's my job.
Which... I guess it sorta is...

Stay Warm this Friday! 
(and if you're from a warm locale then feel free to invite me for a visit)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails