He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

28 February 2012

Homemade Bird Feeders {Toddler Version}

Spring is coming but isn't quite here and I get a little itchy to be outside. 
I remembered making bird feeders out of pine cones when I was in grade school and figured this would be good for both the kids and I. 
... it was!
One emptied toilet paper roll {or paper towel roll cut into 3 pieces} with holes punched for hanging...
Smear the peanut butter on... the results of this will vary based on your kids...
Pour birdseed into a jelly pan and roll around to press the seed into the butter...
You can either slip the tubes on a branch or hang with thread close to a window so you and the kids can get a front row seat for the pickin's.

I saw a few other ideas and want to give them a shot...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails