He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

20 July 2011

{Grilled Pineapple and Pound Cake}

I'd heard of grilling both pineapple and pound cake. Since they both have sugar in them I figured the carmelization would taste yummy and I was right.
I borrowed a couple ideas from Paula Deen's recipe and ended up with this.

So good on a breezy summer night!

Wanna Try?
What You'll Need:
pineapple rings, fresh or canned
pound cake
3 T butter
1 1/2 T brown sugar
1/2 t vanilla extract
1/4 t ground cinnamon
1/4 t ground nutmeg

What To Do:

Slice pound cake and pineapples. I cut the pound cake about 1" thick and the rings in half. Set aside.
In a saucepan, melt butter. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.

Bring all ingredients to the grill with a brush.

Liberally brush the melted mix over the pineapple and both sides of the pound cake. Lay down on an open grill and cook for just a minute or two until nice golden grill marks appear. It will take a minute or two.
Pour any extra sauce over top and serve.

And, in case you're wondering, my face has been nice and swollen for two days now. My right eye is nearly closed. It's lovely. I can tell that poor Hubs isn't sure where to look when he talks to me but thankfully all three kids haven't acted any different or scared. I was worried about that.  I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel though. It's starting to dry out thanks to Zanfel and ... ugh... Prednisone. I HATE that I'm taking it and I'm taking less than I was told to but Hubs said he's more worried about my getting better than anything so... I'm submitting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails