He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

28 June 2011

Bean's New Look


The first time I saw these I thought they were silly, unnecessary, and, quite frankly, an excessive excuse to sew.
But then it happened.
While waiting in the deli line one day with my three babies {Bean was only a week old, mind you} a less than perfect stranger began talking to my kids as the older two happily shared a slice of cheese. This is completely normal, especially for those in their golden years. However, this dear soul then proceeded to pick up a piece of cheese that Miss Mak had dropped on the floor, handed it back to her to eat {so gross}, stroked Miss Mak's cheek, and then rubbed CJ's hair and TOLD me, not asked, TOLD me to pull the blanket off Bean so she could see her. Despite my shock and fury, I managed to kindly tell her "No thanks, she's sleeping".
I immediately knew that I would be whipping up one of these for Bean.
... And don't think I haven't considered making veils for the older two. {I suddenly find myself thinking that MJ wasn't so crazy with Blanket.}

I found this super simple tutorial from Cluck, Cluck, Sew...
and with some fabric from my stash, this is what I ended up with.



WARNING: The person who reaches into this cover without parental consent will be pulling back a nub for an arm. 
{I'm just sayin'}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails