He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

25 May 2011

Pillow Makeover

Our pillows desperately needed a pick me up.
Between the juice, chocolate, cookies and milk smears, it was time to update them a bit.
{before}
For the two larger pillows I made simple slipcovers by cutting two different fabrics into squares slightly larger than my existing toile pillows, put the two pieces face to face, stitched completely around three sides and much of the way around the fourth side, turned the case right-side-out, stuffed the old pillow inside, and hand-stitched it closed. 
{after}
For the shaggy pillow, I followed this tutorial I found at V and Co. and after a lot of cutting... 
and stitching...
 ended up with this! 
Totally worth it!
Have a Happy Wednesday!


1 comment:

  1. I would never have believed you could make a pillow that looked so awesome! I love how they all turned out. I linked to your pillows in my pillow makeover roundup at Nest Candy.

    http://www.nestcandy.com/2012/04/diy-pillow-makeovers.html

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails