He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

03 February 2011

Andrew Peterson

I may have lied a little on my profile... I do have a couple of favorites and this man's music is one of them.
I first heard Andrew Peterson back in high school and have yet to be disappointed by anything he's written. He has a way with words and often makes the most seemingly complicated concepts of the faith so very simple. Listen and enjoy.

"Dancing in the Minefields" is just one of my favorites from him. There are MANY others...
"Holy is the Lord" - a beautiful song about Abraham's call to sacrifice Isaac 
"The Penny Song" - "...even just a penny is a treasure..." 
"The Chasing Song" - everyone's chasing after something  
"The Land of the Free" - keeping a heavenward focus 

One of his most popular discs is his Christmas album called "Behold the Lamb" which is anything but your traditional Christmas music. He walks you through the story of Christ starting back with the Israelite captivity in Egypt. I especially love the title track "Behold the Lamb".

He even has an album for kiddos called "Slugs Bugs and Lullabies". It's silly and fun and sweet. We love it. I hope you enjoy him too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails