He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

20 September 2011

I've missed you!

Its September 17, 2011 at 11:16 pm. I’m laying in bed for the first time in our new house.
This whole thing is so surreal.
Without a doubt, this house is a blessing but it’s not our home. Yet.
I had to make a last minute run back to our old house tonight (just 5 minutes away) and the emptiness of our “old home” made me so sad.
It hit me, as I packed up a few more miscellaneous items that this is the home I brought my babies to, the place I made meals for my family to gather, the rooms which we tucked ourselves in to at night, and the places our past five years worth of memories were made. CJ and Mak took their first steps in that living room. Bean smiled for the first time on the couch in there. I nursed my little ones to sleep in those rooms and CJ had his first day of school picture taken outside that front door. Hubs and I created a home for our family in that house and now it looks lost, forgotten.
I know new memories will come but until they do, I’m appreciative of the space we’ve been given and still so sad for what we’ve left behind.
Here’s to you, first home.
I’ll miss you dearly and thank God for the beauty and comfort He afforded us through our “old home”.

Pictures are coming soon! I've packed my camera cord somewhere and as soon as I find it, I'll share.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails