He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

05 April 2011

{Aunt Lona's Oatmeal Cookies}

I am the type of person who tries tons of different recipes until I find "the one" and then I stop looking. This recipe, for Hubs and I, is THE ONE! They're so buttery and have a great texture. 
We first had them at my Aunt Lona's house. 
Aunt Lona is one of dad's four sisters. She lives in Rapidan, Virginia and Hubs and I often visited her and Uncle Gert when we lived in Lynchburg. She, like her mother, my Oma, always says what's on her mind which is often inappropriate and usually makes Hubs and I laugh out loud. She has always been so welcoming towards us and has even been crazy enough to take us in for a few nights when we had CJ with when he was barely three months old. We miss our visits dearly and I consider these a fun reminder of our weekend visits each time I bake them.
 Aunt Lona's Oatmeal Cookies
What You'll Need:
1 1/4 c butter
3/4 c brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 c flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
3 c oats
2 c raisins
 
What To Do:
Set oven to 375. 
Cream butter and sugars.
Add the egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients.
Combine wet and dry ingredients together. 
Drop balls of dough onto baking sheets being sure to leave room for spreading.
Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown on top.

2 comments:

  1. yum! looks like a tasty recipe. :) i'm the same way...once you find a good one, why keep looking? great to "see" you friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been looking for a good oatmeal cookie recipe lately - thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails