He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

03 December 2013

Roasted Chicken and Butternut Soup

When we started eating a Paleo diet we began with a lot of salads. Since it was mid-spring/early summer it was pretty easy to come up with fresh ingredients and quick meals but as we got deeper and deeper into fall and the fresh ingredients became harder and harder to find, I began to get nervous that I was going to fall back into old habits just to get by. 
This week I thought I'd share a few recipes that have seriously helped our family from feeling the "winter pinch" and keep on track and best yet, they're delicious! 
Today...

Martha Stewart's 
Roasted Chicken and Butternut Soup
originally found on MarthaStewart.com
and a version with a couple of my own tweaks found here.
It's simple to put together and it's absolutely delicious. That's really all I need to say. Seriously, just try it. 
(Ingredients: chicken thighs, onion, butternut, chicken broth, cumin, salt, pepper, lemon juice)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails