He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

02 December 2013

Chocolate Chili

When we started eating a Paleo diet we began with a lot of salads. Since it was mid-spring/early summer it was pretty easy to come up with fresh ingredients and quick meals but as we got deeper and deeper into fall and the fresh ingredients became harder and harder to find, I began to get nervous that I was going to fall back into old habits just to get by. 
This week I thought I'd share a few recipes that have seriously helped our family from feeling the "winter pinch" and keep on track and best yet, they're delicious! 
First up...

Melissa Joulwan's
Chocolate Chili 
Image from The Clothes Make the Girl
I make Melissa's recipe about once a week and I always double the recipe. It has been a delicious Sunday lunch while watching whatever games happen to be on and it's great reheated for lunches (and that's coming from a girl who does NOT enjoy leftovers). 
The only thing I do different from Melissa's original recipe is hold back on some of the chili powder. It's not hot, per se, (and I'm a wimp when it comes to heat) it's just a bit too much for our kids' delicate palates.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails