He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

23 December 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

I found another great Christmas song to add to my list of favorites...
How Many Kings by Downhere

The chorus is great... 
How many kings stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many gods have poured out their hearts
to romance a world that's been torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
Only one did that for me.
      
And... I heard Luke 1 read in church today and something struck me today that I've heard a million times before and glossed right over. 
Verse  48 says 
"For behold, from now on all generations will call me blessed; for he who is mighty has done great things for me..."
 Mary knew, even then, right after the angel told her of what was going to happen (not what HAD) that all the world to come after would know of her honorable place in history and the immense responsibility that was placed upon her. 
There's nothing monumental to my point here, just that I cannot imagine being a young woman told of such an incredible future that I was to have and have the sense to believe and know that my name would be forever known and held in regaurd. 
She was a pretty special chick if you ask me! 

And that is all! 
Happy Christmas Eve! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails