He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

18 September 2012

Golden Graham S'mores Squares

I may or may not have made the mistake of going grocery shopping right before lunch the other day.
Keep in mind that I'm in my third trimester and always hungry so this was just a B.A.D. idea.
I bought things that I don't normally buy...
like Golden Grahams, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, and mini donuts.
In the interest of full disclosure I bought 4 boxes of Golden Grahams.
THEY WERE ON SALE, I SWEAR!
So yeah... needless to say that after I ate lunch and my hormone levels began to return to normal I smacked my forehead wondering what I had just done and immediately went to the net to find a way to get rid of these things before Hubs and I ate them all.
Trust me. It would happen. And quickly.

Anyway, here's the goodness that I found and the only thing I wanted to say (other than they're crazy tempting) is that, as a known choco-holic, I'd cut back the chocolate chips to just 1 to 1 1/2 cups.
 Golden Graham S’mores Squares
What You'll Need
1/4 c butter
1 (10.5) oz bag mini marshmallows, plus 2 cups
7 cups Golden Graham cereal
2 milk chocolate chips

What To Do:
Grease 9x9 pan (I used 9x13)
Over low heat, melt butter. Add 10.5 bag of marshmallows (leave the 2 extra cups for later). Stir until melted. Remove from heat and add cereal. Let sit for 2 minutes. Pour in extra 2 cups of marshmallows now and stir in chocolate chips. (They'll get a bit melty at this point so just stir until everything is evenly combined.) Pour into your prepared pan and let cool 15 minutes before cutting into squares.


By the way... this did not stop Hubs and I from eating them all. In fact, we ate more sugar in the end. But as far as snacks go, this was a tasty one and I'll keep it in my back pocket in case I have another weak moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails