He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

15 December 2011

{Mashed Sweet Potatoes}

I usually keep sweet potatoes on hand. They're so versatile! One of my favorite recipes is Ellie Krieger's Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes but that requires about an hour of oven time and I needed something fast the other night.
I found a recipe for mashed sweet potatoes.
I tried it.
We loved it.
It's super simple with only 4 ingredients that I always have on hand and when I find a recipe everyone enjoys, I hang on to it. 
Mashed Sweet Potatoes 
3 large sweet potatoes
1/4 c butter
1/4 c milk
1/4 c maple syrup

Peel, dice, and boil the potatoes in just enough water to cover the potatoes for 20-30 minutes. Once fork tender, drain and remove from heat. Add remaining three ingredients and blend with a potato masher or electric hand mixer until smooth. {I often just turn the burner off but leave the pan on the stove to help melt the butter}. Serve warm.
 
which is also where the photo is from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails