He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

25 April 2011

What I'm Glad I Can Say...

I wish I could say that my dogs don't wait until naptime to start a barking spree and wake the kids. 
I wish I could say that Miss Mak miraculously starting walking after turning fifteen months, thus relieving my concerns about running out of hands in a few weeks.
I wish I could say that Bean made an early appearance and spared me the last 3.5 weeks of pregnancy.
I wish I could say that the weather up here has been beautiful and sunny and that business is booming.
I wish I could say I've been a wonderful wife to my husband, that I have been nothing but kind towards him, and that I have been perfectly patient with the kids. 
I wish I could say that we had the best weekend ever, that three quarters of our family wasn't sick and homebound, and that we sat in church to worship our Risen Lord together.


However...

I'm glad I can say I finished another book today and that I got a bit of rest since everyone around here was fairly lethargic.
I'm glad I can say that I haven't had to make any meals for the past few days because the B.R.A.T. diet doesn't require much planning.
I'm glad I can say that I was able to go to church while Hubs stayed home with the kiddos.
I'm glad I can say that Bean is still wiggling away, which is comforting, and that I can hold her very VERY soon.
I'm glad I can say that despite my selfishness and pride Hubs and the kids love me anyway.
I'm glad I can say that yesterday was Easter which was a day to celebrate what our Savior did what I could not do and paid my debt which was far too large for me to cover.
I'm glad I can say that I have these and SO many more things to be thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails