He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

14 July 2010

Quinoa {Keen-what?}

Actually pronounced "keen-wa", this grain is a nice alternative to the usual starches as a side dish. Our family is taking a stab at whole grains rather than just breads or potatoes for our meals and this is one of the first things we've tried. It reminds me of rice and has a little crunch to it. I figured I would share this with you since, until recently, I had not heard of it and assume you haven't either. Next on the list is spelt, followed by bulgar and barley.

Expand your horizons... Give it a shot!The only ingredients required are quinoa, water or chicken stock, and a pinch of salt

Dry: very small and opaque

Cooked: still small but translucent with a curly-q "thingy"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails