He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

12 July 2013

Baby Sister Got Hitched!


Just last weekend Baby Sister married Mr. Trabis.

This wedding is a BIG part of why I've been absent from our usual "chats" here, FYI
It was a whirlwind of a week!
There was a constant flow of people through our house and my parent's house.

Hubs and I were blessed with the company of some of our favorite people who we don't see nearly often enough!
In the midst of all the running around and last minute details I waited for it all to hit me. After all, my little sister was about to make a vow, change her name, begin to meal plan for two, take care of finances, and not be available to hang like she had been before.
The feeling never really came though.
It wasn't until days after when the party broke up, the reception tent came down, our friends all went home, and we started to face normal life again that I realized the "big moment" of change wasn't going to come because the reality was she had been slowly growing up all along.
She didn't start becoming Mrs. Trabis the day she got married... it was just another leg of the trip she'd started a long time ago.
I'm proud of Baby Sister and thankful that we now have Mr. Trabis as part of our clan!
Cheers to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails