He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

30 April 2012

If You've Got The Time...

Time is something I just don't have these days.
It's amazing how quickly the most wide-open, unscheduled days fill up and are gone like a vapor.
And in those moments, the ones that seem to slip away, the important often gets pushed aside and the inane gets accomplished.
Why is that?
Our business for this season is winding down. Just one more month of school for CJ. Just one more week of bible study leadership meetings and lessons. Just a couple of months until Hub's schedule winds down and we get to hang out again.
But... then come the weddings...baby showers... play dates... vacations... and the time that once seemed open and vast is quickly crammed full of "stuff" (good and bad) and I find the kids and I desperate for our daily nap/rest time.
'Tis the season, I guess.

So I'm asking YOU, seasoned veterans...
How do you do it?!
How do you cope with the constant tired of lots of little people and the general busyness of life?
How do you decide what stays and what goes?
How does your ideal week look?

1 comment:

  1. These are great questions!! How come no one responded with any answers??!!!! We are still working on this balance ourselves. I am leaning more on the staying home and hanging out...easier to do when you don't know a whole lot of people and there aren't too many invitations being given...been l.o.v.i.n.g. it. (It kind of helps not having a car too. Not as easy to get up and go whenever.) BUT, I know the Lord has not called me to a life of solidarity, but one of fellowship and service. First to my family, then to others. I have lots of thoughts on this topic. I have been praying for wisdom in deciding this balance for our family in this stage of our life. Will be praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails