He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

19 July 2013

Bath Time Improv



For the past 8 months, the only way Baby J has bathed has been in the shower with me.
Our oldest two kids were afraid of water on their heads and faces for a long time so when Bean came around I started taking showers with her to get her used to the water on her face.
This has worked well for us.
Bath time is super fast, we can be assured the that they are getting really clean, and they've been used to water on their heads.
The only problem with this plan comes when Baby J needs a bath but I don't. Oh yeah... and the other problem is that I got rid of our baby bath last year because I figured I'd just shower with him when he was born.

Clearly that was "baby brain" talking or maybe it was my intense desire to purge all the "extra" in our lives.
So rather than going out to buy another baby bath and bringing "stuff" back in the house, we improvised. 
It was fantastic!
It just so happens that the basket we had handy was small enough to keep him confined without being able to get onto his belly and it was the perfect depth that he could play in the water and stay warm.
Of course, this isn't my genius at work because, as it seems, Pinterest has stolen my ability to think for myself, but none the less, good ideas are good ideas em'i'right?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails