He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

03 May 2013

Backyard Treasure Hunt

I have been trying to hang out with the kids more these days.
I'm a stay at home mom and that may sound like a hard thing to NOT do since we're together every day but that doesn't necessarily mean that I "hang out" with them.
I clean around them.
I clean up after them.
I help them get things out to play with and pick things up.
I even sit in the same room and read or surf the web but play WITH them? Hang out WITH them?
Yeah, it's not really my thing.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being around my munchkins.
That's part of why we have four of them!
But I struggle to play WITH them so I decided to come up with something that would keep us both entertained for a while.

Enter: Backyard Treasure Hunt!
With a few things I already had around the house...empty egg cartons, kid friendly jewels (aka pirate booty), leftover Easter candy, and spare change off the night stand... we were in business!
I did the creating and planning for them and they did the exploring and the hunting. (Oh! And it was educational as the kids learned about following maps)... This one was a win-win-win!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails