He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

25 July 2012

We Built a Sandbox!

Well...actually... he did.
 
As usual my overactive mind goes a little stir crazy and poor Hubs usually gets roped in.
<sigh>
Well... I'm certainly not complaining because another project was finished and I'm a happy camper.
And yes... Hubs is happy with this one too.
<whew!>

It's a roughly 8x8 box, I'm told that's big but with Baby J on the way we would like to be able to fit at least 4 kids in at a time and our little Step One crab just wasn't cutting it.

So here's what it took...
4 - 2" x 10 "x 8' - sides of box
4 - 2" x 6" x 10" - seat around top
1 - 4" x 4" x 8' - corner supports
12 - 4 1/2" {I think}Lag Screws - for screwing 2" x 10"s to 4" x 4"s
3" {I think} exterior screws - for screwing seat to sides of box 2" x 6" to 2" x 10"
I wasn't that purposeful about taking pictures... I realize that doesn't help things so I'm hoping this picture does the explaining for me. {Feel free to ask if you're totally lost.}
Before filling the box with sand we stapled landscaping cloth around the bottom of the box to keep the grass and weeds from growing up through.
The most expensive part was the sand so we put it off indefinitely. Thankfully, Opa had pity on his poor grandbabies and purchased the sand for them.
Bean helped...
CJ did not...

 We've fit 6 kids in at once so it definitely does the job!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails