He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young
. {Isaiah 40:11}

11 October 2011

Bed Time! Part 2

So I sort of have "afters"...
I got Miss Mak's bed done but am waiting for the mattresses. Coming soon, I hope.
For now, she's making due like the trooper she is.

CJ's bed is still in the works.
I painted it red, like I showed you in the "befores" but the red ended up looking awefully pink.
Husband opposed my color choice {which I picked because it was F.R.E.E.} and helped me choose a cherryier red.
The color is great. The painting texture due to at least 4 coats of paint, not so great.
So back to the garage where they're being sanded down.
And to avoid yet another coat of red paint, I'm using a tinted polyurethane to darked the wood I've managed to expose while sanding and give the whole piece a "well loved" look.


So close I can taste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love a good comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails